Friday, May 01, 2020

20 Facts about me- Part One



20 FACT ABOUT ME-

In keeping with the #UgBlog challenge, here are the first 10 facts about me –

1.     I love Jesus and He loves me more

Yes, I do. If anything truly means anything to me, or if there is anything I can even boast about, it is the fact that Jesus loves me

2.     Nature is my friend and passion

Trees, vegetation, plains, mountains, and valleys. The wild. The farms. All these bring me a lot of joy and peace. A visit to a forest, a swamp with its cooling water (and the sound of the cooling water), all contribute to one of my best moments in life. 

3.     Leadership is my calling

I feel it in my bones, I write about it and offer myself when I feel the call to lead. I remain a student of leadership and learn each day, how I should be a better leader. Currently, I am running a leadership book club with some young energetic people. I love their enthusiasm and wish them the very best in this leadership journey. I am also under instruction by many mentors who I truly honour. I currently lead at Scripture Union Uganda, Uganda Law Society, Uganda Christian Lawyers' Fraternity amongst others. I am also a pundit on television and radio shows on matters concerning good governance, constitutionalism and the rule of law. 

4.     I am an author

Finally, the book is out and a few people have become proud owners of it. After COVID 19, I hope to print more copies for distribution. The book is entitled We do not Teach that at the University: Confessions of a University Don

5.     I am a husband

Yes. I am a proud one at that. There is so much I can say about Clare. She is an inquisitive, caring, hardworking, and awesome human being. She loves ceaselessly and gives so generously of all she has. She is actually annoyingly generous and I have ended up learning from her. It has been a great journey of learning and adjusting. It gets better with the years. What comes to mind is the way in which pearls are formed. Pearls are made by oysters as they try to accommodate foreign bodies that enter their shell, in a bid to prevent it from damaging their fragile bodies. The end result is a precious pearl. This is also the case with marriage. As we try each day to accommodate each other, something beautiful comes through.

6.     I am a father

Recently, I posted a picture of the young lady that appointed me Father. Damita is an awesome lady in her teens and yes we have our battles but hey what a joy it is to ‘fight’ with your employer.  She and her siblings have made our home complete and warm especially in this time as we wait out the COVID 19 scare. As parents, we are super honored to be blessed with these babies. May the Lord give us the wisdom to look after them well. It is our prayer that they will reach their ultimate potential in life and leave this Universe a far better place than they found it


7.     I am a son

An amazing Mother is her son’s Kryptonite. So is my Ma – who now prefers to be called Kaaka Amooti (Grandma Amooti). She is quite a hard-working woman and very selfless. I have never seen her waste a single moment except to rest. She is full of energy and such a caring person. As a nurse, I have seen her care for her patients and as a woman with green fingers, I have seen even the most pathetic of plants flourish at her touch. She has also taught me to always be grateful. I love her to bits

8.     I am a brother

The pages here are too small to describe life as a middle child. There is always something to learn from your elder brothers and a lot to do for the younger siblings. I recall my big brother Robert carrying me on his shoulders to take me to Sunday School at All Saints Cathedral Nakasero. In my childhood memory, I keep believing that he is the one who helped me lard the Lord’s Prayer. May his soul rest in peace. Then one of my brothers Peter gave me my nickname and the other one Musinguzi, a journalist, was such a great storyteller, I never read the Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth after he narrated it to me.  When I watched the movie later in life, I knew the whole story. My relationship with my sisters must have contributed to making me more concerned about the plight of women generally and the girl child in particular. I have been able to learn, from my family, (and now as a father) to be more considerate of the uniqueness of ladies. Preparing for and then taking my younger sisters to school and the hospital, standing up to bullies (with my -then- tiny frame), looking out for them, walking them down the aisle have all been very priceless moments for me. Now that they are married and are mothers, the responsibilities change but a brother I remain.

9.     I love reading the Bible

If ever there was any book that has influenced my life, my culture, my innermost being, it is the Bible. There is always something new that I learn each time I read it or listen to it using various apps that have been developed. Wisdom, peace, joy, happiness, and focus for life can only be found in this great book.

10.                        I am a Christian

The Bible teaches me that for GOD so loved me that He gave His one and only begotten son to die for my sins and in so doing, create a relationship between God and I. Being a Christian doesn’t mean I am better than the next man. It means that I treasure my great relationship with God. I learn about Him each day when I read the word – especially that part that says that He loves me and it is not about how hard I work to make myself holy or better, but it is about HIS grace and unfailing love. He loves me regardless of my shortcomings and I am in Him and He is with me always. My failures are aplenty but His grace is immeasurable.

(To be continued)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to it as soon as possible.