Saturday, June 18, 2011

ADIEU MY BROTHER


Fare thee well 'General'
That is the most recent title i bestowed on you
Fare thee well my Brother
In agony i cry

You were my teacher
Forever i will be grateful
You taught me the Lord's Prayer,
You taught me to confront the dark.
You taught me to hold my own.
You carried me high on your shoulders.

Like Rwabigumire, you were born a quiet diplomat.
My respect you earned
From when i was but a toddler.
Cool headed, fearless, gentle.
I never heard you raise your voice.
I never saw you brawl

Smiles, laughter and humor were your guests 'AlHajji'.
Yet your principled stances guarded you always.
Peace adorned your footstep
Bitter feuds evaded your light

You were our friend
You were MY friend
You remain our 'Grasshopper Rebel'.
Our Mediator
Our sensibility
Our Editor -in- Chief
You remain a true son of Toro
Handsome, cool and loyal

We will remember you
As the epitome of gentility in life as in death.
As you simply uttered 'O God O God'
and bade this life farewell.

We lay you to rest today
In the beautiful land of Toro
We will always love you.
Our brother
Our Leader
Our AlHajji

1 comment:

  1. I do not know what to say to you, mate. But I am sure of one thing, only God fills the void left when people die. I have struggled with my own mother's death for 15 years and it is not that I am stronger, I have just learnt over those years to let God take the pain away. Strangely, it never does, but we get comforted that God is still there for us.

    You will be well

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to it as soon as possible.