Friday, June 14, 2019

FEARLESS 2019 HIGHLIGHTS ( Part 1)



FEARLESS 2019 HIGHLIGHTS


As part of the Harvest Institute ( Leadership Academy – emphasis mine), I attended the recent gathering of leaders from all over the world, at Mavuno Hill City, located off Mombasa Road at Stage 39, near Athi River Kenya.  It was very clear that a lot of time and effort had been put into preparing for this gathering of hundreds of leaders from all ages. A lot was said in the plenary sessions as well as the workshops/ labs. In this blog, I will reproduce just a few of the things that really stood out for me.



The name of the Summit is FEARLESS and the theme was BE BRAVE. These were very intentional words chosen to encourage us to DO IT AFRAID if need be. There are many examples in the Bible of Fearless, Brave men and women. Samson and the lion, David and Goliath, Deborah, Moses and Pharaoh, Joseph and Potiphar's wife, etc. They all confronted their lions and giants. They did their part. We ought to do ours.

1.     Apart from attending hundreds of church services, many conferences, Bible studies, workshops and reading my Bible countless times, what evidence is there that I am a Christian? If I am truly called to make disciples of all nations, to be the salt of the earth, to be a healer and an Ambassador of Christ, where is the evidence?  In essence, talk is cheap, what changes have I made if I am truly a representation of His Kingdom on earth? To this I can add that there are no excuses for me. I have all it takes to make the difference that the Lord requires. I lack nothing because I am a Child of God. So, if I am not doing it, it is either that I am being disobedient or disobedient. Nothing else. Ouch!!

2.     Related to point 1 above, the question to be asked is - Am I really the son of God who the earth is awaiting to manifest (have I manifested?) or am I NOT the one and they should await for another? _ouch! again_.  The people who made this challenge – Brian Kagoro and later supported by Bishop Masika – asked us to do something tangible with our call and gifting so that, come 2020, at the next Fearless Summit, we can be able to testify about the goodness of the Lord. However, for me, I do not need to face Bishop Masika with something tangible come 2020. If that was the case, then I have lost the point. While I do want to testify in 2020, it is about God. My accountability should be to God. No wonder the Bishop Masika said the angels are waiting and watching. Where will I hide?

3.     Is my language relevant to the times? The world is changing at a very fast pace. A lot of digital information is spreading and the media has a lot to do with the information that is being spread. While we are consumed by all kinds of messages, what messages are we sending out? Are we being meek and humble while the Scripture is saying – The Kingdom of Heaven has suffered violence and it is the violent that take it by force? Interpreted to mean – how violent or aggressive are we in ensuring that the message -of the centrality of the Church in social transformation – is being heard? Therefore, if my language is not relevant to the times, then I am useless to the Kingdom. I am reminded of Nokia.

   
    At some point, Nokia was outclassed by Samsung and Apple because it was either not listening or responding to the changing times with regard to communication technology. I notice that Nokia is slowly trying to come back to compete. SO should we. Digital Age is here. I better use it for the advancement of the Kingdom. So bring it on – YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. WE ARE HERE TO BE RELEVANT


To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to it as soon as possible.