Thursday, June 13, 2019

Bucket List



I first got to know about the word ‘Bucket List’ after watching a movie by Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman of a similar name.  The actors are terminally ill patients who agree to make a list of things they want to do before they kick –the- bucket (die).  Apart from the sad reality that death is coming upon them, the two gentlemen decide to have fun even as they tick off their list.  I would love to say more about the movie, but some of the readers have not yet watched it and I do not want to spoil it for them. I strongly recommend it though.

That said, a few days ago, while pondering about some of the things I want to do, but have continuously procrastinated about starting or doing them, I wondered as to whether my attitude or sluggishness would be the same if I was made aware that I was living on borrowed time and that my candle could easily be extinguished at anytime. This reality, which had for some reason been shoved into the back of my mind, has reignited in me, the zeal to do what I have to do it as soon as possible.


Therefore I am determined to love more, work harder, speak out more, forgive more, blog more, write that book, stop to smell the roses more, pay closer attention to the things I have often ignored, plant that/those tree(s), call up that long lost friend, spend time with my loved ones and inspire others more. The list is long. I am still trying to gather the courage to go mountain climbing and bungee jumping. That though is my list. What about yours?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to be apart of the bungee jumping, must be a thrilling experience. I have so far postponed twice the mountain climbing plan, but i did try out out rock climbing which i guess gave me a mini-mountain climbing experience. Will tight mark your calendar to skid into those plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought provoking. Movie spoiler. Good read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to it as soon as possible.