Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Adieu Mrs Jakana

 
I would surely have wanted to hold your hand and give it a slight squeeze. To sit by your bed and pray with you. I would surely have wanted to count the stars and talk about the Ruhweza and the Jakana babies.

I would have loved to celebrate your journey as you lifted off to the heavenlies. I would surely have wanted to draw you a flower. To laugh at Alex's jokes and reminisce about the great things God has done. I would surely have wanted to say it is well, to stand guard and keep away whoever... Whatever. I would. 

I certainly would have wanted to send you with notes to a few of the Generals. To Daniel, to Joseph and Moses. A poem for David and a bow to Solomon. A hug for Abraham and perfumes for Sarah. A fist bump to Elijah and his chariots of fire. I would certainly have mentioned that you say hello to my Dad. To tell him it is well with Mom. I would surely have wanted you to recite my words of worship. To The Great I Am and His Son. To ask them to await our arrival which is obviously certain. 

I would surely have wanted to be there. To thank you one last time for being so gracious, kind and loving. For looking after me when i visited endlessly. For making my brother Alex so happy, so peaceful and content. For the gifts you sent to my Devine and her siblings. I would surely have wanted to be there. To say bye bye and retire from my post in honour. 

Fare the well Penny

Adieu Alex' Mugole


The Best Man

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to it as soon as possible.