Wednesday, July 03, 2024

ON SALVATION OR BEING “BORN AGAIN”

Receiving salvation or getting saved a.k.a born again does not mean that I am better than the next person. It rather means that I have failed on my own attempts. It means that I am in desparate need of a saviour because I cannot (and will never do it) on my own



The one who is saved or born again is like the leper who went to Jesus Christ for (and received) healing. He or she had been erstwhile cast away from society and I think (s)he had to walk with a bell to announce his unclean presence. He was the rejected of society. The kind who would live outside the camp of the people of the Lord or outside the Walls of Jerusalem so as to avoid infecting others with the deadly plague/leprosy



The C.V. of the sinner before (s)he received Christ reads of death, failure, damnation to death, being unsuccessful, riddled with sin like an infestation of ticks and jiggers. Then, arrives the Saviour with the perfect antidote - The perfect medicine – The perfect silver arrow that CLEANSES everything and clothes one with a new garment  ... 🙏🏾


Even if I fasted ad infinitum

Even if I prayed every hour

Even if I sacrificed my choicest bull ...let alone my son 

Even If I whipped my self to the bone

None of the above can save me from Hell fire

But just like the wrestler shouts " I SUBMIT..." in order to be rescued from the choke hold around his neck 

So do I shout "I SURRENDER ALL"



To my Saviour and My King Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to it as soon as possible.