Thursday, May 16, 2024

JESUS WAS THE EPITOME OF MANHOOD

By Kacha Jimmy




As a fresher in December 2018, I had an opportunity to attend the Maleness and Manhood meeting organized by Dr. Daniel Ruhweza. As young people who had just joined university education, we had heard so many voices (the good and bad, the encouraging ones and those that were meant to swerve us from the idea of our identity as Men).


The discussions were divided in two 2 sessions. The first session we were always divided in two groups; MEN had a discussion as men and then the WOMEN also had their own discussions Thereafter, we would have a joint session where we shared ideas and thoughts on the theme.


As I listened to the speakers, I started to have a clearer understanding of the difference between a Male and a MAN; having been to only single sex schools from primary one to Senior Six where we preferred to be called men and not boys by our teachers, the discussion helped me to understand that a man is one who carries on certain principles in life as a piece created by God.


Through the many discussions we have heard on this theme, I have been able to understand that I have a responsibility to leave the world in a better state than I found it. Responsibility as to my family, friends, and the society. MEN do not ask for things to be done; MEN get things done. Jesus was the epitome of manhood, stalwart in mission, bold, obedient to the point of death, fearless in His proclamation of truth, sacrificial in His acts of love, and resolved to do His Father’s will. Jesus had force, authority, and control in a way that marked Him as virile and robust.


I am excited for the Saturday Discussion and invite all of you for this great opportunity to unlearn and learn. 


Jimmy Kacha

Lawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to it as soon as possible.