Thursday, June 10, 2021

JAILOR

 Jailor


You lock up my bones

And tie my hands behind my back

Your boots on my head

As you look down into my eyes

I am defiant still


I am free

For my spirit you will not chain up

My thoughts and voice

My song my speech

My resolve

You will not jail


You are imprisoned to your vanity

You are slave to your pride

To your greed and hunger

For power and the shine of silver

You are slave

Drunk and staggering

Intoxicated by the venomous smoke of primitive accumulation of wealth 


You poke my ribs with bayonets

And you grin as your gun butts into my sides

You taste the salty sweat of your brow

And think you have achieved


Yet the spirits of the souls you send to eternity

Hover around you

Keep you awake

Parentless babies

Cause your insomnia

Widowed mothers

Wail in your ears

Sonless fathers cry in the dust

For the men and women

You have jailed and emasculated


Jailor

My mind's thoughts soar high as the eagle

My freedom, you cannot touch

Whether you free me or not

Whether your metallic jails open free for me now or later

Am free


Yes

I am free

My resolve is free

My ideas are free

Am Mandela

You are apartheid

I am Luther

You are racism

I am peace

You are war

I am freedom

And fly i will


10.06.2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to it as soon as possible.