Friday, April 12, 2013

The Shepherd's Staff

By D.R.Ruhweza

(Inspired by true events)

Stuck in the crevice
Sometimes bleating
Sometimes unaware
Yet danger lurks
Crounching
Ready to pounce



The Shepherd's Staff
Guiding
Protecting
Waves off the thicket
Shoos away the menace

The Shepherd's Staff
Hooks around my neck
Drags me away from the slippery slope
Back into the safety of His arms
Am safe
Yet again

Am wondering -
How does He notice 
My drifting away
My meandering
My Wondering
My carelessness

Just in time
Always in time
Saved by the Bell
Saved by Grace
Saved!

Like the moth
To deadly fire
Like the carnivore
To Blood
Like the Bovinae
To Salt
Am drawn

The Shepherd's Staff
Out of the bog
Off the the railroad
Away from the poison
Out of the Titanic
Removed from danger
Detached
Ejected
Eliminated
Evacuated
Excised
Expunged
Extracted
Withdrawn

The Shepherd Staff

Truly
He Cares!!

By D.R.Ruhweza
12.04.2013
04:07 a.m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to it as soon as possible.