Friday, July 06, 2012

The Story of Stuff

This video is so true ! It is like the african cockrel that jolts one out of slumber!

I am so excited after watching it and i need to think carefully about how / what i do about it -


For example, I have seen how we africans have been running after the winds of fashion only to be duped when the wind takes another direction!


Reminds me of
Ecclesiastes 2:10-11 - 

2:10 I did not restrain myself from getting whatever I wanted;
I did not deny myself anything that would bring me pleasure.
So all my accomplishments gave me joy;
this was my reward for all my effort.
2:11 Yet when I reflected on everything I had accomplished
and on all the effort that I had expended to accomplish it,
I concluded: “All these achievements and possessions are ultimately profitless –
like chasing the wind!
There is nothing gained from them on earth.”
 
I recall a book by Chika Onyeani called ''The Capitalist Nigger: The Road to Success''. It challenged our ways of doing in Africa. You ought to read it if you can.   This whole pursuit of happiness is something we ought to investigate further !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to it as soon as possible.