Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Reviving my blog


It has taken a bit of time for me to get back into the mood of re-blogging. When i was confronted with the idea of blogging again, I didn't think much about it. After all, I had been blogging for a while. However, as I begun to think of what to write about, I realized that it was not going to be business as usual. I realized that I had not dealt with the ''PTSD'' that came from writing my PHD thesis. This is because, I had taken off time from blogging in order to concentrate on the last lap of the PHD and that had taken quite a toll on me. 


They say, ( I wonder who), that as the ship approaches the shore, that is when it is likely to capsize. I saw a sample of that as i wound up my PHD. Indeed, after long spells of editing and re-editing, writing and re-writing, repeating chapters - copying and pasting here and there, trashing print outs and doing it again and again, changing fonts and so on, I had grown weary of the journey. Weary of the laptops hanging, headaches, painful eyes, drinking lots of tea, downloading lots of articles, etc. I really need to write about that journey soon. Anyway, when I reached the shore finally, I rested but didn't deal with the stress that came along. I still don't know how to deal with such stress but i think the best way is to keep writing and here we are. 

It was Nelson Mandela who said that was when he got to the top of the mountain, that he was was able to see more mountains to climb. So, here we are. Lets deal with this PTSD

Let the blogging begin - and the writing, continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try to respond to it as soon as possible.